Friday, November 16, 2007

Video of the Day: SoftBank "Have You Seen My Dorayaki?"

Today's video clip of the day is my favorite clip from the SoftBank "White Family" campaign. Okay I know I've rambled on about SoftBank for too long, but this was just too cute to pass up.

And before going any further, this is a dorayaki. They're like spongecakes filled with a sweet bean paste.


Adblock


A rough translation:
Aya: Yes, Mom?
Mom: Hello, hey have you seen my dorayaki?
Aya: Nope, I don't know, isn't it Bro who took it?
Mom: Oh right, let me ask him. *dials phone*
Bro: Hello, no, I don't have it.
Mom: Excuse me, I haven't even said anything yet...oh hey, everyone's right here!

Mom: Hey honey, have you seen...hey wait! I said wait, where are you going!
Dog: Oh, crap...
Mom: OPEN THE DOOR!
Oh right, *dials phone* MY DORAYAKI!!
Dog: I ate it!
Okay, it sounds kind of awkward if you just read the dialogue on its own in English. But anyway.

A similar concept was depicted in a stateside Verizon commercial (where a father texts his son at the same dinner table to pass the ketchup), but the sheer absurdity of the dog as the father and the mother searching frantically for something as trivial as a dorayaki makes this particular ad stand out.
 

No comments: